It’s the first week of October, so it’s time to start thinking about the perfect costume for your curves! Whether you like to come up with your costume ideas and coordinate the whole fit yourself or buy a pre-packaged Halloween costume that ships fast, I’ve got you covered! You might be wondering where to find the best plus size Halloween costumes that fit comfortably and make you feel confident and fabulous, which is why I have written this blog post for you. Let’s dive into the world of plus size Halloween costumes and see what’s out there for us curvy gals!
This post contains affiliate links, which I can earn a small commission on when you purchase items (at no extra cost to you). Learn more about affiliates here!
The fashion industry has made significant strides in becoming more inclusive in recent years, but it can still be challenging to find a plus size Halloween costume that isn’t overly exposing or ill-fitting. Plus-size ladies deserve to have as much fun dressing up as anyone else! If you’re looking for plus size clothing inspiration for Halloween or everyday life, check out my LTK page where I upload my outfits for you to shop every day!
Where to shop for plus size Halloween costumes
When it comes to finding the perfect plus size Halloween costume, there are several places you can shop! Here are some of my favorite places.
Torrid: As I am sure you know, Torrid is a great place to shop for plus size clothing and Halloween costumes.
Amazon: Shopping for plus size Halloween Costumes on Amazon is perfect for those who need a cute costume at the last minute! Check out my Amazon Plus Size Halloween Costumes list for creative costumes that ship fast!
Fashion Nova: If you’re looking for sexy plus size costumes, Fashion Nova is your one-stop shop. You’ll also find modern, trendy costumes that are meant to emphasize and hug your curves!
HalloweenCostumes: If you love a traditional costume that doesn’t lack detail, you’re going to love HalloweenCostumes.com.
Target: It’s not my favorite place to shop for plus size Halloween costumes because the selection in-store isn’t always as inclusive, but you can shop for plus size Halloween costumes at Target.
XPlusWear: One of my favorite places to shop for Halloween costumes for curves is at XPlusWear. They have a selection that is solely dedicated to plus size costumes!
Don’t forget to check out your local Halloween store, and don’t be afraid to DIY your own costume.
Plus size Halloween costume ideas
If you’re searching for the perfect plus size costume ideas, I’ve got you covered. But remember, you can be anything you want on Halloween—and every other day. Your size and body shouldn’t hold you back from having a great time and dressing how you want to!
- Classic witch: A classic plus size witch costume is always a popular choice and it’s an easy costume to make it look more your style. Add some unique accessories, like a sparkly hat or a broomstick, to make it your own.
- Pirate captain: Channel your inner plus size pirate in your Halloween costume. Don’t forget the eye patch and a trusty sword or parrot.
- Clown: I know clowns are a controversial topic, but this is a safe space! Clown costumes can also be very versatile! You could dress up as a cute, scary, or sexy plus size clown.
- Animal: Have you ever thought about a cute bat Halloween costume? I have. And honestly, it was one of the easiest costumes to put together, and I felt so cute all night long! Dress up as your favorite animal, wear your favorite animal print, or slide into a dino onesie and call it a night.
- Barbie or Bratz: Do you consider yourself more of a Bratz Doll or a Barbie? Either way, you can pick your side this Halloween! The plus size barbie costumes are so cute this year thanks to the Barbie movie!
- Superhero: Be a plus size superhero for a day! Whether you choose Wonder Woman, Captain America, or another iconic hero, you’ll feel powerful and stylish.
- Renaissance royalty: Dress as royalty from a bygone era with a plus size Renaissance costume. Think elegant gowns, crowns, and regal accessories.
- Movie character: Love a particular movie character? Whether it’s a Disney princess or a Star Wars character, you can find costumes to bring your favorite characters to life. May I suggest a plus size Velma costume from Scooby Doo?
- Generational costume: Pick your favorite decade and pay homage to it with a retro outfit!
- Matching costumes with friends: If you are dressing as a couple or with a group of friends, you may want to coordinate your costumes! For example, a group of friends could go as the Stranger Things cast or you and your significant other could go as Barbie and Ken. Check out this cute plus size couples costume idea!
Anything but clothes: Ever been to an ABC party? It stands for “anything but clothes.’
This Halloween, don’t let your size hold you back from having fun! I hope you find a Halloween costume that makes you feel as spooky, sexy, funny, beautiful, and confident as you deserve to feel.