I have always loved shopping for plus size work clothes to wear to the office, especially now! There are so many plus size brands that sell affordable, accessible, and trendy plus size office clothes. I currently hold many jobs that I have to get dressed for—and they are all vastly different. I work full time in aviation, and I’m also a college professor, a freelance SEO copywriter, and an influencer. So, it’s safe to say that I am always thinking about work wardrobes. That’s why I am going to be sharing my favorite places to buy stylish plus size work clothes so that you can feel your best at work in outfits that make you feel confident and unstoppable.
I don’t know about you, but a lot of my confidence comes from my clothing choices. It shows if I am wearing an outfit I don’t love—my productivity levels are low, I don’t feel my best, and I may not be as social. There is nothing worse than sitting in an outfit that doesn’t spark joy all day counting down the hours until you can run home and change into sweatpants.
But don’t worry! You no longer have to have these days when you build a plus size work wardrobe from these plus size brands. If you’re looking for daily outfit inspiration, you can check out my blog’s plus size outfit of the day section or follow my LTK page for cute plus size looks uploaded daily!
This post contains affiliate links, which I can earn a small commission on when you purchase items (at no extra cost to you). Learn more about affiliates here!
Where to Buy Stylish Work Clothes
I have personally shopped at and tried most of the brands on this list. I will order them from the brands I love the most and have shopped to the brands I haven’t tried yet.
- Eloquii: If you have followed me on Instagram or TikTok, you probably know how obsessed I am with Eloquii. Everything from their plus size blazers to their plus size wide-leg pants fits perfectly and is always fashion-forward. I know there can be some sticker shock for some shoppers, but I urge you to check out the sale they are running as they run at least 40%-60% off all items every day.
- Torrid: I know the plus size community has a love-hate relationship with Torrid, but honestly, I love them. Torrid is my go-to for the most comfortable plus size workwear. Their studio collection is made with soft, but supportive Ponte material, which is so comfortable. I exclusively wear this collection when I travel because I have a non-rev dress code to abide by since I work for an airline.
- Fashion to Figure: Fashion to Figure is another plus size brand that I love shopping at. When it comes to workwear, they have some gems. I would say shop here if you have a work dress code that is a little more chill than corporate.
- Lane Bryant: One of my favorite places to get petite plus size dresses for work is at Lane Bryant! Aside from dresses, Lane Bryant has so many affordable and well-fitting plus size work clothes.
- Target: To this day, I go to Target for all my fitted work pants. These plus size ankle pants are my favorite!
- Universal Standard: I absolutely adore Universal Standard for work pieces. The clothes are high quality, and minimalist, and pair well with everything.
- Cobalt Street / District: One of my favorite work dresses was purchased from Cobalt District. I absolutely love the quality—and they are a local, woman-owned Chicago business!
- Amazon: Have you ever shopped Amazon’s The Drop collection? This collection is size inclusive and boasts so many great plus size clothes for the office. Amazon‘s The drop has staples for work, but it also comes out with limited-edition influencer clothing lines that include so many trendy and one-of-a-kind styles.
- Able: If you want classic pieces that are well made, you’re going to love Able Clothing. They make pieces that are versatile and can pair well with everything.
- Klassy Network: If you are looking for plus size tops for work that doesn’t require you to wear a bra, check out Klassy Network! I may sound wild talking about going braless at work, but after the pandemic, I vowed never to go back to bras. Klass Network’s Brami’s are tops with bras built in. There are so many styles that are work-appropriate.
- Anthropologie: For the plus size boho chic ladies, Anthropologie is a great place to shop for plus size workwear. While Anthropologie may not seem corporate, there are unique pieces that will give any corporate look an edge.
- Henning: Henning is where it’s at for all my luxury girlies. If you’re looking for high-quality and high-end workwear, look no further than Henning. I have had the privilege of having Henning on my body and it’s second to none.
- 11 Honoré: While we are talking about luxury, you may want to check out 11 Honoré. If you want to invest in high-quality pants or statement blazers, this is where you should do it!
- Ashley Stewart: I love Ashley Stewart for affordable plus size work clothes!
- H&M: H&M has great plus size blazers that fit me so well, which can be hard to find!
- Old Navy: I love getting work-appropriate jeans at Old Navy for casual Fridays!
- Maree Pour Toi: Maree Pour Toi has been around for a few years, and I enjoy some of its pieces.
- Madewell: Madewell has good plus size work staples, but I also love shopping there for more laid-back work looks.
What Every Plus Size Workwear Wardrobe Needs
If you are shopping for a new plus size work wardrobe, I’m jealous! This is an exciting time! While I love shopping for new wardrobes, I can admit that it can be exhausting to make sure you buy all the right pieces and stay within budget. So, with that being said, here are some of the pieces that I think are must-haves for every plus size working professional.
- Fitted Tops: I find that I tuck a lot of my tops into high-waisted pants for work. So, I invested in fitted tops or bodysuits that are easy to pair with pants or high-waist skirts and don’t add bulk. I recommend Klassy Network or Amazon for staple tops like this! Make sure to get basic colors like beige, white, and black!
- Wide Leg Pants: Wide leg pants look good and they also feel good. Keep a pair in your wardrobe for easy styling. Universal Standard and Eloquii are my go-to!
- Skinny Ankle Pants: It’s always good to have a pair of fitted pants on hand. I love Target for these kinds of pants!
- Blouses: Aside from fitted tops, fun and frilly blouses are always good to keep on hand. You can choose fun colors or patterns for these blouses.
- Dresses: I love keeping my work wardrobe stocked with midi dresses, both long sleeve, and short sleeves.
- Midi Skirts: I have a few pleated midi skirts in my closet that I love wearing to work. They are easy to pair with any kind of top!
- Blazers: Blazers are a must-have for me. I top off almost all of my work outfits with a blazer. They give me an extra dose of confidence.
I hope you found this blog post helpful. Remember, dress for you and let your confidence lead!