When you think of the plus size body, you probably envision a figure that’s curvy in all the “right” places and also stands tall. Now, what do you think about when you think about a person with a petite figure? Probably the opposite. She stands just under 5 feet 4 inches tall and her frame is probably more on the slender side. At least, this is what we have been conditioned to believe these figures look like. When in reality, plus size bodies, as well as petite frames, come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and heights. And while the sizing terms “petite” and “plus size” are polar opposites, they are also a sizing category of their own! While this sizing category exists, it can be hard to find petite plus size brands. However, I am going to show you where to shop today!
So how do I know if I am petite and plus size?
Let’s talk about me, for example…
|Wearing Torrid’s Petite and Plus Size Work Pants|
I am 5’2 and a size 18, which means I am petite and plus size. And I am not the only one. The average woman is now a size 16 or 18, which means she identifies as plus size. And what’s even more interesting is that the average height of a woman is just at or right under 5’4, classifying them as “petite.” This means that the average American woman is petite and plus size.
As a petite plus size fashion blogger, it has been extremely difficult to fit into fashion and find clothing made for my body. But I’m here to share my petite plus style tips with you and to show the world that short, plus size women belong in fashion! In every blog post, you will find a “SIZING GUIDE” section at the bottom of my post that tells you exactly which size I ordered in the outfit I am wearing, whether I sized up or down, and how the garment fit me. I share these details to help you determine how these clothes will also fit you. And aside from that, I would love to officially share the petite plus size clothing brands that I love to shop at!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click these links and make a purchase, I may make a small commission. Thank you for supporting me!
Who sells petite plus size clothing?
- Universal Standard: One of my favorite brands of all time is Universal Standard. The brand has lead the way in making sure inclusivity and diversity are at the forefront of plus size fashion. I love their petite plus size pants. I recently reviewed their plus size petite wide leg pants!
- Lane Bryant: Shop everything from petite plus size dresses to jeans at Lane Bryant. This brand has a variety of petite and plus size options. I highly recommend Lane Bryant’s jeans! They hug your curves just right—and they come in petite sizes!
- Abercrombie & Fitch: Recently, I have fallen love with Abercrombie’s Curve Love Jeans with a short inseam. I had no idea that Abercrombie sold plus size denim, but that they also offered an extra short and short inseam! They have become my favorite jeans.
- Torrid: Torrid is one of my most favorite plus size brands ever. They include the option to shop pants with a short inseam so that petite plus size shoppers don’t have to roll up their denim or get alterations! Torrid petite and plus size jeans and leggings always fit me perfectly!
- Talbots: I learned about Talbot’s petite plus size line a couple of years ago when I shopped their for a cute holiday outfit.
- Madewell: Madewell recently came onto the plus size scene, and they also offer petite plus sizing on many of their jeans and pants. Check out the Madewell plus size section to explore!
- Avenue: If you need petite plus size jeans or plus size work pants, Avenue has a wide selection of pants that were made with your figure in mind! I love shopping at Avenue when I am building my office wardrobe.
- Land’s End: If you are in need of petite plus size long sleeves or petite plus size jackets, Land’s End plus sizes are the perfect place to find basic staples that will hug your curves just right.
- Eloquii: Eloquii used to have a dedicated petite and plus size section. While they no longer have a dedicated petite plus size section, I am able to order my favorite work pants and jeans with a petite/short inseam! And also, I usually order their plus size ankle pants or pants that look like they fall just above an average person’s ankles, and they usually fit me perfectly without needing to be hemmed!
- Old Navy: I am happy to report that you can select a short inseam when you shop pants from Old Navy! A petite and plus size girl’s dreams!
- American Eagle: Similarly to wearing Torrid jeans, American Eagle curvy jeans can also be ordered in a short or petite inseam.
- Macy’s: Macy’s is a great place to shop for petite plus size work pants as they carry brands like JM Collection, Style & Co., and Karen Scott.
- Loft: While Loft doesn’t have a true petite plus size clothing line, their petite sizes do go up to an XXL and a size 18.
|Wearing Torrid’s Petite and Plus Size Bombshell Skinny Jeans|
Is your favorite petite plus size brand on this list? If not, shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or DM me on Instagram (@natalieinthecity_)! I would love to make this list as inclusive as possible! I will regularly update this list, as well!
Are you looking for more petite plus size style advice? If so, here are a few of my favorite petite plus size style icons!
The cutest petite plus size fashion bloggers:
- Natalie Craig, Natalie in the City (shameless plug…it’s me!)
- Alysse Dalessandro Santiago, Ready to Stare
- Joi Louise, Joi Louise
- Sierra Holmes, Eclectic Kurves
- Tinsaye Berhanu Johns, Aspects of Tinsaye
- Kat Stroud, Kat Stroud
MORE COMING SOON!
|Wearing Universal Standard’s Petite Plus Size Wide Leg Pants|