Do you ever see a faux fur coat or vest while shopping and think you have to have it? Well, I know I do, but when I throw on the accessory, it never really turns out the way I expected.
I saw a similar faux fur vest like the one I’m wearing on another blogger a couple weeks ago. That’s when I realized that I had a faux fur vest in my closet that had not yet seen the light of day. I was inspired by the blogger and decided to create a similar all black look to accompany the poofy vest I couldn’t wait to get home and rip out of the closet, which is what usually happens when fashion inspo takes over.
While I’m not totally satisfied with the ensemble I put together, I did learn a few things about being able to pull of the faux fur look. Peep the lessons below:
- If your faux fur piece is busy in pattern, keep the rest of your outfit all one color, color-blocked, or very minimalist. This will help you not look like Cruella de Ville as you walk down the streets—I think…
- All black ensembles pair very well with lighter furs and lighter colored outfits pair better with dark colored furs. However, if you are a rebel and you insist on switching up the above declaration, I won’t stand in your way!
- For my curvy ladies: Fur will always look bulky on us, there is no way around it. So, embrace it! Side note: If you are short and curvy, like me, top your ensemble off with some heels or wedge booties…I wish I would have worn a pair of shoes with a couple of extra inches for this outfit shoot.
- People may look at you funny. They are probably envying you for being able to step out in the edgy, yet glamorous winter staple…..Believe it or not, fur is harder to pull of than you may think. Try it!
- Above all else, just own it. You can sport, rock, and wear anything you feel / demonstrate confident in.